Monday, April 21, 2008

Don't forget S.T. Lewis....

I want to again ask everyone to check out S.T. Lewis's blog(http://stlewis.blogspot.com). This guy is so funny and I love reading his blog. Here is one from a little while ago...~~~ "Born on a mountain top in Tennessee... greenest state in the land of the free. Raised in the woods so he knew every tree. Killed him a bear when he was only three. Davy... Davy Crockett - king of the wild frontier."

How does a three-year-old kill a bear? Was the bear elderly? Did it not have legs? Did Davy accidentally run it over with a tractor? Because this could not have been a full-strength, full-sized, full-brained bear. I couldn't tie my shoes when I was three... in fact, I considered it a victory when I got them on the right feet. And I'm supposed to believe that Davy Crockett killed a fully functional bear at that age? I guess that's why there's a song and a TV show about him and not even so much as a jingle about me and my wrong-footed shoes.

Davy Crockett probably would have gone down in history as the man in the bear-skin cap if wearing a bear's carcass on your head was at all comfortable or possible. But since animals of that size are impractical as headwear, he simply killed and wore the first hat-sized critter to pass unluckily by. Let's forget about the bear for a second... how does a three-year-old even kill a raccoon? Not just physically, but morally. I feel bad when I accidentally step on a grasshopper. Little Davy was beyond feeling.~~~~ Let me know what you think... or tell him on his blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's so awesome!!! I love that man's talent with a word or two...its almsot better than his talent for cartooning and thats saying a lot! he's so funny.

Hot MMMama! said...

I actually bump over his blog every so often... I want to be friends with him too! He cracks me up! But I do have to wonder... do normal people bore him... since his head is already full of so many funny things!!

Hey, check my blog, I finished a flyer for the neighbors house. I need to get pics of the front yard and better of the back, but what do you think? Is it okay?