Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas


N8 and I just watched The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.  I guess I wanted to blog about it because it really had an effect on me.  It is about the Holocaust, which has always been interesting to learn about.  This movie is about a boy that loses his friends when the family moves from Berlin to the country, to live near a "farm". He's lonely and bored. He likes to explore and gradually realises the truth behind his father's job – he's an official in charge of a concentration camp. This movie is heart wrenching but I really enjoyed it!  

3 comments:

Janelle said...

I really want to see that one.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of it..sounds like its hard to watch but I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for sharing.

cjmom said...

I don't want to see it, someone told me all about it. I am fascinated by World War 2, but I don't want to see it cause I don't like my heart to be wrenched. We went to the Holocaust museum in Washington D.C. It is truly moving, but even there, there are parts I wouldn't go into. It was just too much. I like what Eisenhower said, that we must never allow this to happen again.