Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Resolution....Clean Eating


Okay... I have never really had New Year's resolutions but this year I am considering it. I got this great email forward from Becca about living in the moment. I do not know how long it will last but have posted it at my desk as a reminder to live each day to the fullest. I don't want to look back and remember all the fights I had with N8 about him not doing the dishes or making our bed. I want to refrain from trying to improve anyone else but myself. I want to improve my mind and body.

I work with this fantastic woman, Wendy, who is so healthy and fit. She loves to eat, sleep, and talk about being fit and healthy. In the 2+ years that I have been at Cpix, she has influenced many people to eat better. Soooo... I am not going on a diet but I do want to try to eat better and exercise more. Please check out Wendy's Blog too for some great tips on eating healthier. She includes lots of great things about food cravings, healthy recipes, school lunches, dieting myths, the effects of nitrates and the latest is about ways to prevent cancer.

Also... I want to encourage everyone looking for a laugh to read S.T. Lewis's blog. He is the most creative and talented writer and artist. His last 2 posts will make you laugh out loud. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

The Teuschers said...

I really liked that blog, thanks for posting it. I don't know what's happened to me lately, I used to be such a good eater but lately I've really let the sugar control me. I tell myself every day that I'm going to start eating better...I just need to do it! Maybe we need to start a support group? Good luck with your clean eating, I have tons of cookbooks if you ever want to look at them!

rubberbucketsaysso said...

Nate and I were kinda forced into eating better last year- ate WAY more beans cause meat was expensive, traded frozen fruit and veggies for fresh- tho I still think the fresh is best. I think it's a lot of the reason Nate has gotten so skinny. I've not been so good since then tho, I actually eat breakfast less often and eat more meat now that we are on our feet, so I need to start eating better too... less sugar, i seem to be addicted to that mid-morning sugar rush...

Anonymous said...

maybe its because you gave me props for that cool email but I think this is one of your BEST posts!! I will definitely check out her blog, Im always on the scrounge for a better way to do what I already am working on! I also wholeheartedly agree with you suggestion to read S.T.'s site- I have a serious crush on his personality! Is that possible?